Unveiling of the Cross
The Holy Name Community came together to celebrate and acknowledge the Sisters of the Good Samaritan who established Holy Name in 1939. We were fortunate to have three ‘Good Sams’ attend our celebration which involved unveiling a spectacular cross adorned with magnificent mosaic tiles overseen by our Art teacher, Mrs Vivarelli and created by our students. Representatives from other Good Samaritan schools were also present as they planted ceremonial roses in the beautiful garden bed surrounding the cross. We also acknowledged our Priest, Father Peter O’Rourke, who has served our parish since the year 2000 and will be retiring next year. The occasion showed our community in action with involvement from all year levels and attendance by families and our elderly parish members. The excitement of our students and sense of community quickly outshone the cloudy morning which was a memorable highlight in the school year. The cross will remain a colorful feature and reminder of our history, for many years to come.
(Click on a photo to open the photo gallery)